Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, J Redmond Photography specializes in modern wedding, portraiture, and real estate photography.
My name is Jessie.
Growing up in a small village in Nova Scotia I was inspired by surrounding family and friends to feed my creative side. Whether it be through writing, drawing, or music I was always able to share a creative outlet. However it was not until I enrolled at NSCADU and stepped foot into the dark room that I fell in love with photography.
During my time at the university and continuing since then, I have been able to develop and refine my skills while working with other aspiring artists, as well as accomplished ones. I use these technical skills and artistic inspiration to combine them with my own creative edge. I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, with a major in photography. I now professionally shoot a wide range of subject matter from real estate to wedding photography. On my spare time I like to experiment photographing friends and self portraiture in a conceptual and surreal manner.
I live life behind a view-finder. If I am not holding my camera I can guarantee I am imagining a little box to composite daily sites and happenings. I am a photographer by profession and through passion, I love my job and can’t imagine myself doing anything else.
- Abigail Johnston: It was an honor to have a good friend from home to be able to take such amazing photos at our wedding for us. She is an easy going, understanding and comforting kind of person that made us feel relaxed in knowing that our pictures would turn out great. Jessie and her partner surpassed our expectations of how our photos would turn out. I highly recommend the wonderful and talented Jessie Redmond to anyone out there because she captured all our great memories on our wedding day!!
- Paul and Maureen Linton-Ellington: When Paul and I decided to get married we knew immediately who we wanted to photograph our wedding .. Jessie Redmond. Jessie has a very unique ability to turn a simple photo into a piece of art! We wanted people to look at our photos and say ” What a beautiful photo” and then say ” Oh my God that’s Maureen and Paul!” Not only did she capture some amazing images of us on our Wedding Day she was also able to capture our emotions! We highly recommend Jessie for any of your special occasions you want some very unique and special memories of!
- Jamie Wilkinson: I had a wonderful experience with Jessie Redmond it was a creative and fun atmosphere! My shots all turned out wonderfully and I’m absolutely ecstatic with them. She’s very good at giving direction and she also has a very creative eye for art! She is very professional, personable, and a true artist. I was very impressed with how comfortable she was able to make me feel within minutes of meeting her. I would recommend her to anyone looking to have amazingly unique photos done. I look forward to working with her again.
- Helena Darling: Jessie’s technique with her camera is flawless, her manipulation set is imagination brought to life. and the way she makes you feel when your in front of her camera is amazing, she can make you feel like a million bucks. she is my favorite photographer and i cant wait to have another session with her.
- Vita Lawrence: Jessie is a wonderful person to work with. She’s very professional, friendly, and just generally a great person. She’s a true artist, and definitely knows what she’s doing. I would most definitely recommend her to anybody looking for a photographer, and I am confident to say that I would put her in my top list of favorite (and most awesome!) local photographers.
- Medina Avdic: I have worked with Jessie on numerous occasions and I have considered myself very lucky. Not only is Jessie able to photograph many different styles, she is always prepared with ideas and has an amazing imagination. I am very comfortable with working with her and am proud to have so many of her pictures in my portfolio. She is smart, fun, and very talented. I highly recommend her for any kind of shoot! I can’t wait to work with her again.
- Angela Roberge: Jessie has a down-to-earth, calm persona that helps anyone feel at ease during a shoot. Not only that, the quality of her work is amazing and only getting better. A far cut above the others, her creativity keeps her style fresh. She is a must to work with!
- Keltie Squires: So creative and great to work with! I was overjoyed with the results of the time I had to work with her!
- Karissa Kelly: Jessie Redmond is a lovely artist/photographer & I highly recommend you to get to know her and work with her someday! She is super fun to work with, as i am very comfortable with working with her! She creates beautiful imagery and has an awesome style! Jessie has a great future ahead of her and I cannot wait to work with her again in the future!